SoccerStar - Supportforum

Go Back   SoccerStar - Supportforum > Game & Support > General

Old 29.06.2011, 14:02   #11
gdnp

the change to the training is huge. I hope they have thought this through. It really looks like they have no idea what they are doing. Someone who has spent 100s of start to build to level 300 at .02 per session is going to be pissed getting passed by someone who can now earn 1 per session.

I assume the spread of payouts and 3 choices, instituted in the last patch, remains?
gdnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29.06.2011, 14:26   #12
starkeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdnp View Post
the change to the training is huge. I hope they have thought this through. It really looks like they have no idea what they are doing. Someone who has spent 100s of start to build to level 300 at .02 per session is going to be pissed getting passed by someone who can now earn 1 per session.

I assume the spread of payouts and 3 choices, instituted in the last patch, remains?
Not true, cause those same people will get the same training.

The guy that trained 10 times at .02 will get 10 points with new system the guy that has trained 1 time at .02 will get 1 point.

Basically all they are doing is saying take the number of times you have trained in a skill and there is your skill level.

Plain and simple you skill level is the number of times you have hit the train button + your gear's stats. Which is wonderful, cause it will actually balance the game out more. Between money spenders and trainers, it will lessen the fame crisis, as you will actually have value in grinding your training, Noting it's still a problme but atleast you can make some head way if the people above you aren't training, as hard as you are.
Makes spending points on wellness at least some what meaningful.

The ideal situation is to have the challenges provide fame as well.
starkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29.06.2011, 15:01   #13
iTZKooPA

Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Quote:

I was told that the change will be retroactive. The 3 choices remain.
iTZKooPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29.06.2011, 15:08   #14
gdnp

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTZKooPA View Post
Holy carp. That is even more significant. You mean all the time I've been spending trying to determine if 5 minutes for .15 for goal shot is worth more than 7.5 minutes at .18 for dribbling goes out the window? It just comes down to how many times or how many minutes I trained?

I'll tell you this: the initial effect will be to push the top players even further ahead than they already are.
Old 29.06.2011, 15:22   #15
Dave Shoemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTZKooPA View Post
Can you define "retroactive"? I'll be impressed if the database can tell how many times in the past a player has trained. But I must say, as one committed "grinder" you've given me hope.
Dave Shoemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29.06.2011, 15:30   #16
The BooN

It's a DREAM again. Everyone who made only or the most time "fame by work" in the past will get an asskick. Also the bought epics will get a downgrade. The gap between Star- and Non-Starplayer will continue to rise and the Ranking will have a radical change.

Thumbs Up ... The next big fault by Playa Games.
The BooN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29.06.2011, 16:11   #17
gdnp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Shoemaker View Post
Can you define "retroactive"? I'll be impressed if the database can tell how many times in the past a player has trained. But I must say, as one committed "grinder" you've given me hope.
I think you are wrong. The server must keep track of this, otherwise it wouldn't know when to lower your payout.

I've looked again at the German server. There continue to be different payout rates: Right now I have a choice between

10 min for +4
2.5 min for +1
7.5 min for +6

perhaps what the server does now is generate 3 options for you, then apply a discount factor depending on your level. If so, all they need to do is cancel out that discount. The calculations will actually be easier.
Old 29.06.2011, 16:24   #18
Dave Shoemaker

There would no need to track a players entire history lower the payout. All you would need are triggers tied to Base Skill Level. (This has been discussed in the Forum in the past) Triggers would save a ton computer/server space.
Old 29.06.2011, 16:59   #19
gdnp

base skill level is a combination of training and food items. The game was originally set up so that you would have X training sessions at 5%, Y training sessions at 2.5%, Z training sessions at 2%, etc. I think the store was set up with a similar architecture: X paying 1%, Y paying 0.5%, Z paying 0.25%, etc. As far as I know, the two systems were separate: training a lot did not drop your store payouts, and buying a lot of food items did not drop your work payout. So the two must have been tracked separately.

One last note: when they re-did the calculations, my German character jumped about 1000 positions in the rankings, from 3600 to 2527.
(it would appear there are a lot more players on the german servers).

one last last note: the balance between clothing and training has tipped dramatically towards training.
My American character has 104 base, 129 bonus, total 233: 55% from clothing
My German character has base 496, bonus 55, total 551: 10% from clothing

Last edited by gdnp; 29.06.2011 at 17:09.
Old 29.06.2011, 19:28   #20
Dave Shoemaker

Quote:
base skill level is a combination of training and food items. The game was originally set up so that you would have X training sessions at 5%, Y training sessions at 2.5%, Z training sessions at 2%, etc. I think the store was set up with a similar architecture: X paying 1%, Y paying 0.5%, Z paying 0.25%, etc. As far as I know, the two systems were separate: training a lot did not drop your store payouts, and buying a lot of food items did not drop your work payout. So the two must have been tracked separately.

One last note: when they re-did the calculations, my German character jumped about 1000 positions in the rankings, from 3600 to 2527.
(it would appear there are a lot more players on the german servers).

one last last note: the balance between clothing and training has tipped dramatically towards training.
My American character has 104 base, 129 bonus, total 233: 55% from clothing
My German character has base 496, bonus 55, total 551: 10% from clothing
....OK, you just doubled the data that must be stored with each player....& SUPRISE the drop in Food payoff could be tied to the same triggers. Which way do you think Playa would go with their coding money? The expensive, space consuming way? Or, .......(Insert your comment here)

Tags
attribute system, league reset, patch notes, scrimmage matches, upcoming patch, v213