SoccerStar - Supportforum

Go Back   SoccerStar - Supportforum > Game & Support > Strategy & Tactics

Old 12.03.2011, 18:02   #1
gdnp

Default Stars: where to spend?

It seems to me after playing for about 2 weeks that I earn about 1-2 stars per day. The one item I think is a "must" is the drink that cuts work time in half: this costs 5 stars per week, leaving maybe 5 additional stars to spend on other things. early on I bought the OJ to decrease training time, but now that I have all my skills trained down to 0.5 per session, training seems of limited benefit vs. spending stars on upgraded clothing. Although with clothing, I hate to spend stars on something that I may end up replacing with a better item in a few days.

the other obvious place to spend stars would be to boost skills. I'm currently using quickslim, 0 stars, for +10 to skills, but +15 for 1 star per week seems pretty cheap. +25 for 5 stars would cause me to spend more stars than I'm earning.

the place that I have held off is spending to decrease exhaustion. This property is essentially invisible to the user: since I can't see what it's doing or how it helps me, I'm sticking with the exhaustion reducers that cost only cash.

I could buy stars, as they are pretty cheap. Unfortunately, I can't get it out of my head that this is cheating. I'm an adult with a job, and could thus easily outspend any kid playing the game. I see this a flaw in the game design: since the game has no banner ads and does not charge a membership, the only way the designers can recoup their time and effort is to sell stars. most spendthrift player wins.

How do others spend their stars?
gdnp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gdnp For This Useful Post:
Old 12.03.2011, 18:59   #2
skel

Depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Want to raise fame? spend it on -50% to work and train only fame for the 7 days the item is active. You can do the same for the skills but id suggest working on fame. Keep in mind higher fame means better gear but the gear also costs more stars. The mid 20s and up gear will cost you 5 to 10 stars. The 50+ rare fame gear is around 25 stars each. You may think about saving your stars for when you get there if you are not going to purchase stars with real money.
skel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12.03.2011, 20:29   #3
arbitor

another point to bring forward is if you are helping your club by donating starts only purchased stars can be donated, not earned ones.
i know it sucks, but that's how it is.

as for me personally i buy the top freebie drink and spend my stars on good gear and my club.
arbitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13.03.2011, 02:06   #4
LeoLee91

I agree. I don't have money to spend on this game, but if I did I could easily climb to the top ranked players by buying all the best clothes that cost stars. So I suggest to the players on my team to spend their stars on either the -50% work time which also cuts exhaustion in half because time and endurance go hand-in-hand. Or else, like what I do, I suggest they spend their stars on the 25+ skills drink. 25+ skills all around makes a big difference. But spending stars on clothes is a waste in my opinion because, yes, it will eventually get replaced, and there are enough offers whether from the shop or work for good clothes that don't cost stars.
LeoLee91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13.03.2011, 19:57   #5
Tee Jay

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoLee91 View Post
I agree. I don't have money to spend on this game, but if I did I could easily climb to the top ranked players by buying all the best clothes that cost stars. So I suggest to the players on my team to spend their stars on either the -50% work time which also cuts exhaustion in half because time and endurance go hand-in-hand. Or else, like what I do, I suggest they spend their stars on the 25+ skills drink. 25+ skills all around makes a big difference. But spending stars on clothes is a waste in my opinion because, yes, it will eventually get replaced, and there are enough offers whether from the shop or work for good clothes that don't cost stars.
This stops working when you reach ~ L40-50 though

ALL the clothes cost stars after a point, some a LOT.

If you ONLY earn stars for jobs, you cannot compete.

So, yes, if you are an adult with a job, and can easily afford to drop $100 for 2,500 Stars ata time, you will have an advantage.

You will STILL need the seat time though, as merely having stars doesn't click the buttons and wait for you over and over again.

The stars can more than double your working time though if you are willing to use them, and sit there working all day.

You only get offered the expensive stuff after your fame is high enough...and then, well, its ok to be the rich adult and out compete the kids.

A kid with a large allowance is probably all it would take to equalize you anyway.

:P
Tee Jay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stars, strategy