SoccerStar - Supportforum

Go Back   SoccerStar - Supportforum > Game & Support > Strategy & Tactics

Old 07.08.2012, 18:33   #1
Exempt

Default 3-5-2 Formation

Alright so the formation uses 3 defenders 5 midfielders (2 defensive, 1 offensive 2 wings) and 2 strikers.

Playing against other player teams it seems like the defenders NEVER get the ball because the mid fielders or strikers always stop it before it gets past them. I'm sure this will change against stronger opponents later on.

Against challenges, I've noticed they push back a bit more and without strong defenders even if your GK stops them from scoring, the defenders have to get it back up to your mids/strikers to score. So what I'm wondering is the 2 defensive mids don't really use their goal shot skill... they don't get down the field to shoot that I've really ever seen.

Would it be smart to use defender as the preferred position for the two defensive mid positions, to train steal ball instead of goal shot?

would having steal ball help out more than goal shot at that position? would they even use the stat as a mid fielder? yes i know its defensive mid, but it goes back to the question of do positions use the other positions skills... like a striker turned mid, does the mid then use sprint? or a mid turned striker, does the striker use intercept passes?

Let me know what your thoughts are the 5-6 people that actively use the boards
Exempt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08.08.2012, 03:20   #2
mathie

There are 2 things which I suppose (I don't know the code either) they are else then mentioned by you.

1) Defensive midfielders are exactly the same players as offensive midfielders. 3-5-2 only means there are 3 defenders, 5 midfielders and 2 strikers (and of course 1 goalkeeper). In my opinion there is no such difference between midfielders on their position.

2) I suppose a player only uses the skills of the position he plays on. That's mainly based on the fact that when defenders (as defender) are getting chances on goal (which will occur more often when you play 4-5-1 with only 1 striker) they shouldn't score because of their lack of goal shot. The opposite is true: those defenders do score very often.
Furthermore, steal ball is probably meant to stop sprinting from strikers. Because midfielders do not sprint, there is no need to train steal ball for the midfielders... and if they might face a sprinting striker, they will use whatever they need to use (I don't know what), and even without their lack of steal ball, they will have the opportunity to stop those sprints.

Of course it's possible to become unbalanced. On the Dutch server I've got a team mate being midfielder, who doesn't train goal shot at all. He sets his preferences on quick passes and won't appear in front of goal. Same counts for a player without passing, putting his strategy on solo runs.
Note: dribbling is both an offensive as defensive skill. Dribbling is also meant to stop dribbles.
mathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14.08.2012, 16:00   #3
Tee Jay

Talking

I think there is some sort of default defensive stat/offensive stat when a player is missing the official one.

I see full backs come forward and score once in a while, but mostly in lower ranks, but its proof of concept at least.

The same for a striker who intercepts a pass from the GK meant to get to their full back or mid, etc. Obviously, the striker had some intercept capability.

I DON'T see "Unused Stats", such as a defender's steal ball stat, help when the defender is shifted to playing mid fielder, etc. I think the stat boxes used for the position are what are used.

An experiment, say where a defender is left as a defender as preferred position, but made to play striker, might illustrate the orders of magnitude.

If the defender is missing goal shot and sprinting, and has intercept stats, the only attacker stats they will be playing with that "count" are fitness, dribbling and passing.

The same team can swap their attackers to defense, so all the "attacker playing defender" would have is the same dribbling, passing and fitness stats.

If any of the swapped players seemed to remain competent enough, the "default stats" are significant enough to really make players more interchangeable.

If for example the "attackers playing defenders" let too many of the other team get by...well, then you are better off playing defenders at defense, mids at mid, and attackers as attackers, etc.

Food for thought.
Tee Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07.01.2014, 06:40   #4
Danyel2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exempt View Post
Alright so the formation uses 3 defenders 5 midfielders (2 defensive, 1 offensive 2 wings) and 2 strikers.

Playing against other player teams it seems like the defenders NEVER get the ball because the mid fielders or strikers always stop it before it gets past them. I'm sure this will change against stronger opponents later on.

Against challenges, I've noticed they push back a bit more and without strong defenders even if your GK stops them from scoring, the defenders have to get it back up to your mids/strikers to score. So what I'm wondering is the 2 defensive mids don't really use their goal shot skill... they don't get down the field to shoot that I've really ever seen.

Would it be smart to use defender as the preferred position for the two defensive mid positions, to train steal ball instead of goal shot?

would having steal ball help out more than goal shot at that position? would they even use the stat as a mid fielder? yes i know its defensive mid, but it goes back to the question of do positions use the other positions skills... like a striker turned mid, does the mid then use sprint? or a mid turned striker, does the striker use intercept passes?

Let me know what your thoughts are the 5-6 people that actively use the boards
With this tactic , you must win the midfield and possession.

Last edited by nNelg; 07.01.2014 at 09:09. Reason: deleting banned content.
Danyel2014 is offline   Reply With Quote